* Redundancy and notice ACAS stands for Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service. They aim to improve organisations and working life through better employment relations.
* How to cope with unemployment
* www.businesslink.gov.uk Business Link is a free business advice and support service, available online and through local advisers
Citizens Advice Bureau
* www.citizensadvice.org.uk Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers.
Community Legal Advice
* www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk Community Legal Advice is a free and confidential advice service paid for by legal aid.
Direct Gov (public services website)
* Dealing with redundancy
* How to contact Jobcentre Plus Jobcentre Plus provides a wide range of information and services, like benefits, loans and grants and help with finding a job.
* Benefits adviser Get benefit advice, for you/your family or for someone else. Simply answer questions anonymously online about your savings, income and outgoings.
* Apply for Jobseeker’s Allowance online If you need to apply for Jobseeker’s Allowance, you can now do it online at a time that suits you. Find out how to apply for Jobseeker’s Allowance online.
Money Made Clear
* Handbook on redundancy
* Financial advice
The Open University
* Coping with redundancy and the recession
Do not use this service for emergency needs. If you experience a non life threatening emergency of you are seriously ill and require urgent attention, call your in-country emergency services immediately. Please see our Emergency Resources section.
What’s Troubling You?
Create Some Mind Space
Callers must be 18 or over. Sessions
under UK law only